Our land was a wheat field last year. So this year we had alot of straw that we had to get off the soil so we (and by "we" I mean Peter!) could plant pasture and lawn seed. Peter bought a used baler...if those things worked, they would be awesome! After several failed attempts to use the baler, Peter decided to go the old-fashioned way. He made a straw rack on the back of his pick-up bed, started pitching straw in while I (with some occasional 4 year old help from David;) "tromped" it down until it was a nice packed stack. After 5 or 6 days of making stacks for several hours each day, we had 14 bales plus some! While working, Peter joked that people driving by must think we were crazy...nobody doesn't use machines anymore! I'm sure it did look pretty funny to see Peter pitching with an old homemade pitchfork and me with baby Jonah on my back corralling David around and around the straw stack!! It was actually pretty fun, but I'm kinda glad we don't have to do it every year...like in the REAL old-fashioned days!
![]() |
| Break time with Daddy! |
![]() |
| Loving being country boys! |
![]() |
| Auntie Rachel came to help! |
![]() |
| Thus far in his short life, my favorite picture of David EVER! |
![]() |
| Peter with his pitchfork! |





No comments:
Post a Comment