Thursday, February 11, 2010

2 Years Old!

David's Gammie, Gampa, and Unka Pa (as he affectionately calls them) came to visit for his 2nd Birthday.  We all had so much fun and, of course, David loved the attention.  David had family, cake and presents galore for his birthday. 

This is such a fun age!  My favorite question to ask David is "how old are you?"  It is just so cute to hear his little high-pitched voice proudly proclaim, "TWO!"  He also imitates absolutely EVERYTHING we say (a good test for us to know how wholesome our vocabulary is).  Another common phrase these days is "Day-day do it!"  or "Dabid do it" (he hasn't quite figured out how to say his own name yet:)   Along this line, he insists on praying himself every night, which I joyfully allow!  Tonight, he prayed something like this "Dewa Dejus, yank you for parents in everything Colossians 20. Yank you Bible tells me so, yittle uns to Him beyong, are weak but STRONG!"  He often combines the couple of versus we've been working on (Colossians 3:20 and Philippians 2:14) and "Jesus loves me"  SOOOOO precious.  I was thinking tonight as he was praying that he can teach me a thing or two about praying through Scriptures!

We are in full potty training mode this week, and so far things are going well (considering the whole process has been trail and error almost to a fault, since I've never done this before!).  Now I'm not sure how to start transitioning into going out of the house!  I plan on spending some more days at home before I feel ready to venture into public:)

David's 2 year check-up was on Wednesday this week.  Here are his stats!

Weight: 19 lbs. 14oz.
Height: 32 in.

After coming home from our Texas trip (I need to write a post about that!), David's appetite really picked up (after he was totally over a nasty stomach bug).  Maybe having such an empty stomach for so many days in a row made him realize he likes to eat more!  He even started eating meat...which he usually has little to no interest in.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm glad the potty training is going well! I'm assuming there are M&Ms involved?? :)