Sunday, June 16, 2013

Plumbing and a Skid Steer: Late-May to Early-June, 2013

Watching Daddy move dirt with the skid steer

Jonah was WAITING for this!


David helping to stomp down the dirt around the plumbing

Summer 2013 (and by summer I mean it doesn't freeze at night anymore) is here!  For us, that means HOUSE BUILDING!  We have had more rain that we need this spring, so that has delayed house building and garden planting.  But, Memorial Day weekend, Peter borrowed a skid steer from work to move some dirt around.  He needed to put some more in the house to raise the floor height. We also had a low spot where water was collecting in the center of our driveway loop.  The kids and I all went out on Saturday and we had a blast playing in the dirt, watching and riding in the skid steer, and helping Peter do the rough-in plumbing.  Kate napped well in her car seat in the van, so I was able to help Peter with a little of the plumbing.  It was really fun and felt SO good to "get my hands dirty" doing some work on our house!  

Peter, as always, is a stud and has been doing much, much more work than it sounds like in this post.  He honestly gets things done so fast that I can't keep up!  The kids and I try to go out once or twice during the week and at least one day on the weekends.  I'll post what I can to keep track of how the house is coming along:)

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm hoping you guys have a long summer/fall with great weather so you can get lots of work done! It's so impressive how knowledgeable Peter is and what a hard worker! We enjoy the update posts!