Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Please don't feed me mush on a spoon, Mama!"


If Jonah could talk, he would have said a while ago "Please don't feed me mush on a spoon, Mama!"  We were at a wedding a couple of weeks ago, 'tricking' Jonah into eating some pureed sweet potato.  Peter would tickle him and get him to laugh and I would shovel it in.  If he knew it was coming, those lips were closed!  This had been how he generally acted toward anything I had tried to feed him.  I wasn't worried about him not getting enough food, I was just wondering when he would ever be interested in anything besides nursing!  Of course, too, I've been thinking maybe when he eats more, he'll not need to get up at night:)  

So, we tried a little piece of bread.  He was suddenly like a baby bird!  Mouth wide open, diving for bread whenever he saw it!  So, now he is eating little bits of whatever we are eating: chicken, bread, cheese, crackers, fruit.  Since it is summer and we are eating veggies like corn on the cob and cabbage salad, I have been sneaking pureed veggies mixed with fruit into yogurt. 

1 comment:

Grandma Elvi said...

Smart boy---mush on a spoon just doesn't seem---well---very appetizing!