Friday, November 7, 2008

9 month stats

First of all, don't ask me how in the heck 9 months has passed since David was born...because I don't know!! Doesn't seem possible that it has been that long already! David is growing and learning new things everyday...he is getting more and more fun to play with and it is entertaining to just watch him. He is eating all kinds of food and I am getting ready to try some more new foods this week including mango, papaya, green beans, carrots and pinto beans. His favorite food is banana and he'll even eat avacado if I mix it with something else (YEAH!). As of today, he is still a little tyke. He weighs 13 lbs. 10 oz. with a soaking wet diaper!:) He is 25 3/4 in. tall. He ranks in less than the 5th percentile for a 9 month old but that is partly because gestationally he is more like 7 mo. plus one week. He laughs and laughs when I blow on his tummy or play peek-a-boo. He is very efficient at getting his socks of and soaking them with his slobber before I even know they are off! It KINDA looks like he has more hair but that's because the little hair he does have is just a little bit longer...he really is still a baldy....and his hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes are still clear:) Sometimes he flirts with people by smiling at them and then turning his head to hide his face...which is pretty dang priceless. We are working on learning how not to bite mama while nursing (ouch!...those little baby teeth are SHARP!). David likes to babble, growl and yell (which he does really quite loud...impressively so for how little he is!). Mostly, his noises sound very boy-like to me...Peter likes to think he is making animal or engine noises:) I gave him a naked popcorn cob the other day to play with and he thinks it's the greatest toy ever. Peter also gave him a piece of wax paper which has entertained him quite well. I'm thinkin' I may just need to wrap some of those up for Christmas presents so I can see what he does with wrapping paper:) I guess that's all for now...happy fall.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow! He's grown almost 10 inches since he was born! How's he doing on the crawling? It sounds like he is doing so many more fun tricks since I was there a month and a half ago.